by Aparna Anurag Updated February 7,2014
Preparation Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 45 min
Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
Cuisine: IndianServes: 2-3
Author: Aparna Anurag
Ingredients:• All-purpose flour-500gm/2 bowl• Salt-as per taste
• Baking soda-pinch
Instructions:1) Mix Flour+salt+baking soda+oil altogether properly
2) Add warm water above mixture and make soft dough
3) Keep dough aside for few hours
• Chaney ki Dal-one bowl
• Salt-as per taste
• Red chilli powder-as per taste
• Cumin seed powder-2tsp
• Fried Cumin seeds-1tsp
• Garam masala-2tsp
• Ginger paste-1tsp
• Pressure cooker
1) Put dal in a cooker+1/2 glass of water, close the lid and wait for around 3-4 whistle in a medium flame
2) Take dal out of the cooker and mash it properly with a masher
3) Mix this mashed dal with Cumin seed powder+ Fried Cumin seeds+ Garam masala+ Salt+ Red chilli powder+Ginger paste
4) Make small balls of the dough
5) Flatten and roll out into 2inch round.
6) Wrap one table spoon of filling in each round and roll into a smooth ball, using greased hands.
7) Flatten and roll into a 3-4 inch round.
8) Heat plenty of oil/ghee in a deep frying pan or a kadhai.
9) fry the rolled kachories in hot oil
10)be carefull to keep flipping over so as to not burn on any one side.
Enjoy delecious puri with green chutney/Tomato sauce or gram chai :-)