Prep time: 2 minutes
Total time :10 min
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- ½ cup moist paneer / Indian cottage cheese
- 2 ½ tbsp. Powdered sugar
- Pinch of cardamom powder or rose water
- Garnishing as desired
- Boil 3 cups of full fat milk.
few dropsof lemon juice diluted with water to the milk. Stir well. When you see the milk begins to curdle, switch off the heat. Make sure it is curdled well. Allow to settle just for a minute.
- Place a muslin cloth
ona bowl. Drain off the paneer. Rinse the paneerunder running water.
- Squeeze off the excess water from
paneer. Make a knot of the cloth, hang it for sometimeto drainup excess dripping whey.
- Add moist
paneer, sugar (powdered) and rose water or cardamom powder to a nonstick pan, begin to heat on a low flame
- Sugar melts and becomes gooey, continue to cook on a low flame till it reaches a thick consistency. It also begins to leave the sides and looks crumbly
- When it cools down.
- Roll them
toballs and flatten a bit. Garnish in the Refrigerate for 2 hours and serve. centre.
- Tuck in Nuts or
few strandsof Kesar for a traditional look.