by Aparna Anurag Updated February 7,2014
Recipe Type: Appetizer, breakfast
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 45 min
Nutrition information:Servings 2-3
Author: Aparna Anurag
- 2 cups whole wheat flour/atta
- 1 cup tightly packed fenugreek leaves/methi
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 2 tsp oil
- water as required
- salt as required
- Rinse the methi leaves well. drain them completely. chop the methi leaves finely and keep aside.
- In a large skillet add 2tbsp oil,chopped methi leaves,green chilies and salt ,cook for 10-15 minutes.
- In a bowl mix flour,oil & salt. add cooked methi leaves.
- Pour some water and knead to a smooth dough. make medium sized balls of the dough. roll the dough into medium sized rotis or rounds.
- On a tava or frying pan, cook the methi rotis or parathas with some oil or ghee till they are browned and cooked on both sides.
- Serve hot methi paratha hot with chutney,raita,curd or pickle
Video Description of Methi Paratha