Potato Pastry Puffs
by Aparna Anurag Updated February 7,2014
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 45 min
Recipe type: Appetizer/snacks
Cuisine: IndianServes: 2-3
Author: Aparna Anurag
- 1 pastry puff sheet (this is found in the forzen foods section)
- 2 big potato
- 1tsp mustard seeds
- Green chilies 4
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 1tsp turmeric powder
- 1tsp Red chili powder
- 3-4 leaves of kari patta
- 1tbsp cooking oil
- salt to taste
- 1 bottle oil spray for baking tray
- Boil the potato, peel the skin and mash it, but not like a paste.
- Take the pastry puff sheet and cut into 9 small squares.
- In a kadai, put a little oil and add the mustard seeds. When they splutter add onion,green chili and all spices. Fry for about 30 seconds and add the smashed potato and salt. Mix everything well and keep on flame for about a minute. Remove from gas and allow it to cool a little bit, say for about 5 minutes.
- Now take the square piece of the pastry puff sheet and put some of the potato mixture in the centre.
- Dip your finger in water and apply water on all the four sides of the sheet so that the sides can be stuck.
- Now fold the square piece diagonally, in the shape of a triangle. Make the remaining squares pieces in the similar way.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the made pastries in a baking tray,spray with oil spray and bake it for approximately 20 minutes or until the puffs are golden in color. Once they turn slightly golden then turn it over and allow the other side to cook too.
- Serve hot with tomato
Video Description Of Potato Pastry Puffs