Beetroot Vadaby Aparna Anurag Updated February 7,2014
Beetroot Vada is a deep fried, mild sweetish South Indian fritter
The dhals are soaked for an hour and grinded coarsely with fennel seeds and green chillies. The batter is flattened and deep fried in oil.
They will be perfect eve snack and sure you will love the touch of beet in vada.
Try this authentic and easy to make recipe of beetroot vada.
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 1 hr
Recipe type: Appetizer/Snack
Serves: 4-5 persons
Yeild: 8-10 vadas
Author: Aparna Anurag
- Beetroot finely grated - 2 cup
- Chana dal - 1 cup
- Toor dal - ¼ cup
- Rice flour- 2 tbsp
- Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
- Green chilly - 1 or 2
- Salt to taste
- Oil to fry
- **Indian spices: Glossary of Cooking
- Wash and soak the dhal for 1 hr.
- Drain water completely.
- Grind in a blender with fennel seeds, salt and green chilly.
- Grate beetroot in a grater to very fine pieces.
- Mix everything in a bowl.
- Make it into a small patty.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Drop the patty in hot oil and deep fry to reddish brown.
- Serve it hot.
Video description of Beetroot Vada